This next post is about a makeup look that I put together today called Look 1- Burgundy Smokey Eye. I hope you enjoy and find my images and tutorial detailed below helpful for recreating this.
BEFORE and AFTER Pictures for Look 1- Burgundy Smokey Eye
Products Used to Clean and Prep Skin for Look 1 - Burgundy Smokey Eye
(Going from top left clockwise)
- Nutra Sonic Essential 4 Speed for Face and Body used to clean and exfoliate my face
- Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm for my dry lips
- Kiss my Face 8% Alpha Hydroxy lotion to use after cleaning and exfoliating my skin with the Nutra Sonic, Alba Botanica Coconut Milk Facial Wash, and Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel.
- Trilogy Organic Rosehip Oil, which is used after the Kiss My Face lotion around dry areas (eyes and nose)
- Alba Botanica Hawaiian Coconut Milk Facial Wash, which is used with the Nutra Sonic
- Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel, which is used as my toner after my face is washed
Makeup Products Used for Look 1- Burgundy Smokey Eye
Here is a listing of the makeup products that I used for this look:
(Going from top left and working across)
- Urban Decay NYC Palette (Colors used: Snatch (peach with glitter) in corner of the eyes, Last Call (burgundy wine color) over most of lid, Rockstar (dark plum) on outer part of lid and in part of outer crease, and Perversion (matte black used to darken liner)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide - On Eye Pencil in Perversion (blackest black), which was used to line the top lid and water line of bottom lid and Rockstar (dark plum), which was used on top lid as a line on top of the Perversion.
- NYX HD Studio Photogenic Foundation in HDF 01 Nude and HDF 02 Soft Beige (I mix these together because I am in between colors at the moment with coming out of Winter)
- Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller - This thing is a miracle worker!
- NARS Illuminator in Orgasm
- MAC FIX+, which was used for foiling a mineral shadow as detailed further below
- NYX Blush in Taupe, which was used as a contour for my cheeks
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer SPF 15 in NW20 used as my general concealer to hide any blemishes and redness around nose.
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash to fill in and arch eyebrows
- Ben Nye Pressed Colour Palette in ESP-954 Glam Shadow Palette, which is a great palette of basic matte colors. (Colors used: Shell as brow bone highlight)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - as my eyeshadow base to prevent creasing
- The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer, used as a highlighted on my cheek bones after finishing my face to make them pop more
- Ardell Fashion Lashes in 106 black
- Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette (Colors used: Naked used as base shadow for this look)
- MAC Play on Plums Mineralize Eye Shadow, which I lightly foiled with the MAC Fix+ on the Sigma SS224 brush and brushed into the crease of each eye to add some sparkle and blend everything together.
- Aromaleigh Pure Rouge Blush in Verve on my cheeks
- ELF Glossy Gloss in Ballet Slippers on my lips
- Duo Eyelash Adhesive in Clear-White for the eye lashes
- Not pictured: Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara (love this stuff!)
Brushes and other Tools Used for Look 1- Burgundy Smokey Eye
Here is a listing of the brushes and other tools I used for this look:(Going from top to the bottom)
- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for applying NYX HD Studio Photogenic Foundation
- MAC 165 for applying The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
- ELF Fan Brush for dusting eyeshadow fall out off of my cheeks and face
- ELF Stipple Brush for applying Aromaleigh Pure Rouge Blush
- Sigma SS168 for applying NYX Blush in Taupe as a contour
- Sigma SS224 for applying MAC Play on Plums Mineralize Eye Shadow in the crease
- Sigma SS239 for applying Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette's Naked as base shadow for this look
- Sigma SS275 for applying Ben Nye's Shell as a brow bone highlight
- Sigma SS266 for applying Urban Decay NYC Palette's Perversion (matte black) over Urban Decay's Perversion (darkest black) eyeliner
- MAC brush (no numbers as they have worn away from so much use) for applying Urban Decay NYC Palette's Snatch (peach with glitter) in corner of the eyes, Last Call (burgundy wine color) over most of lid, Rockstar (dark plum) on outer part of lid and in part of outer crease.
- iD Bare Escentuals Max Coverage Concealer brush for applying MAC Studio Finish Concealer
- iD Bare Escentuals brow brush for applying NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
- Tweezerman tweezers for cleaning up stray eyebrow hairs
- Not pictured Q-Tips used to clean up any mistakes
Here are two last images of this look.
A close up of the eyes:
And another full shot of the look:
Thanks for stopping by and looking at my first tutorial!
*Disclaimer: Please note that all products used for this post were all purchased by me and that I have not been compensated for my viewpoints which are purely and genuinely my own.